Starts Wednesdays September 12, 2012 6:30-8:00pm
Children- 3 years through 6th Grade
AWANA is an international, non-denominational Bible-centered youth organization providing weekday Clubs and programs.
Community Bible Church
Welcome Awana Parents/Guardians
We are excited about a new year of AWANA at CBC! Each week in Cubbies, Sparks, and T&T, your children will have fun, play games, pray, hear the Bible taught, and learn to study the Bible for themselves—and hide God’s Word in their hearts. Fifth and sixth graders will enjoy C-56, a program designed to help them grow into mature young believers. Please join with us in prayer that we will see children impacted for Jesus Christ in AWANA this year.
6:15pm Registration Begins – Awana secretaries will be ready in the foyer for check-in. We will
not be registering clubbers before this time.
6:30pm Clubs Begin
8:00pm Clubs Conclude – Please return punctually to pick up your children! Your child’s safety is our priority: our policy requires parents or authorized adults to pick up children through 4th grade from the club. We cannot send children with older siblings or release them to meet you in the parking lot, hall, etc.
Fees: Dues may be paid in an annual installment of $20 or semi-annually with a $12 payment in September and
a $12 payment in January. Books are $8-$9. Uniforms are $9-$13 depending on the club. Bags cost $5-$6. Due to our need to recover the initial supply costs books, uniforms, and bags will not be distributed before payment is received. In addition, another payment will be required for replacement of lost materials.
Your encouragement and interest in your child’s progress is extremely valuable. You can encourage your child in the following ways:
1. The foundation for Awana is God’s Word, The Bible. Supporting your child’s memory work is vital to his/her success. Remind them to work on their verses early in the week (preferably starting the Thursday evening after Awana). Sometimes you may need to listen and give hints to assist. If your child has difficulty memorizing, please tell their leaders. Music CDs are available for order from the club secretaries. The leaders and directors may be able to help with other techniques.
2. Parental signatures are not accepted for section approval. This policy applies even to parents who volunteer in Awana. There are, however, some activities in the handbook that do require parental feedback on the page; your participation on these pages is necessary. Handbook section approvals will only be completed by non-parental Awana leaders during club.
3. Your child will earn points for his/her team by attending club in uniform, bringing their handbook, and bringing a Bible. Please help them remember to bring these items.
4. There may be times when parents will be needed as volunteers for special activities. Please consider if you would like to participate. If interested, notify the club’s directors or secretaries.
5. Last, but most important, pray for your child. Pray that the Word of God that they are memorizing will touch their heart. Pray that they will come to know Jesus Christ and learn to serve Him.
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Awana Commander: Ed Easton (541) 857-8013
Cubbies (3 years—Pre-Kindergarten)
Sparks (Kindergarten—2nd Grade)
Truth in Training (3rd—4th Grade)
C56 (5th-6th Grade)