CBC Background Check Request
For each individual receiving a background check, we are required by law to have an original signature on file by that individual authorizing CBC to conduct their background check.
If you need to have a background check completed:
Fill out, and return to the Church Office the
Background Authorization Form
- All people in all ministries of CBC, paid or volunteer, are required to have a current background check on file with CBC.
- Only individuals 18 years and older are required to undergo background checks.
- By policy, background checks must be redone every three (3) years.
- CBC covers the cost of all background checks it requires.
- CBC uses a company called Protect My Ministry for its basic background checks. If needed, CBC reserves the right to use other resources to conduct further background checks on individuals.
- Once a background check has been completed, all personal information used to complete the check shall be properly disposed of to protect the privacy and identity of the individual.
- Any information disclosed in a background check is held confidential and shall only be viewed by the Security Team Leader and the Executive Pastor and shall only be shared with the Pastoral Staff, Elder Team and/or Deacon Team as necessary to make a decision regarding the individual's ability to be involved in ministry.
- Having a prior criminal history does not automatically and immediately disqualify a person from eligibility in ministry. Each person is evaluated on an individual basis.
- Any person with a prior conviction for any sort of sex crime shall not be eligible to work in any ministry to minors. Eligibility for other ministries will be determined by the Elder Team.
Completed request forms can be turned in to the church in a variety of ways:
Print, fill out, and return to the Church Office, Snail Mail, eMail, or Fax it.
Community Bible Church
500 N. 10th St.
Central Point, OR 97502
Fax to: (541) 664-4983